RQF Apprenticeships are work based training programmes, which are designed to set up learners with the relevant qualifications and training for them to succeed in their specific job role.
They are comprised of on-the-job training and qualifications, including:
- A RQF Diploma (vocational qualification)
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills- English, Maths and IT qualifications
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
The duration of RQF Apprenticeships are dependent on the level of the award, with Level 2 awards taking 12 months to complete, and Level 3 awards taking 18 months to complete.
Although it’s possible for the learner to complete the award before this time, it is important to note that their certificates will not be released until after the official end date of their award.
Who can enrol onto a RQF Apprenticeship?
There are a number of requirements that learners must meet to be eligible to enrol onto a RQF Apprenticeship. These are:
- Being aged 16 or over
- Have a contract of employment
- Contract must be at least 12 months long
- Must earn the minimum, apprenticeship wage
- Learner must have job security for the end of their award
- Learner must complete 20% of their training ‘off the job’ (details of which can be find in the ‘off the job’ attachment
- Must be a British or EU citizen
- If they’re a non-British or EU citizen, then they must have lived in the UK for at least 3 years, and have the ‘right to live’ here
- Learner can’t be enrolled onto another course
- The contribution must come from the employer
- Learners must undertake their functional skills in:
How much does a RQF Apprenticeship cost?
Under the new Apprenticeship Levy, introduced earlier this year, RQF Apprenticeships are no longer fully funded by the Government. Instead, the Government funding towards all awards are based on the businesses’ overall wage bill. Those homes whose wage bill is under £3mill receives 90% funding, and those with a wage bill of over £3mill receives 50% funding.
Prices are also dependent on the courses the employer is interested in signing their staff onto.
For more information regarding the Apprenticeship Levy, and how it will affect your business, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
|Course Type||Course Duration||Total Price|
|Health and Social Care Level 2||12 months||£1000|
|Health and Social Care Level 3||18 months||£1000|
|Health and Social Care Level 5||18 months||£1250|
|Team Leader Level 2||12 months||£500|
|Management Level 3||18 months||£1250|
|Business Administration Level 2||12 months||£750|
|Business Administration Level 3||18 months||£1000|
|Customer Service Level 2||12 months||£500|
|Customer Service Level 3||18 months||£750|